Recognition Adds to Recent Company Distinctions
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) today announced that it has been recognized by Ethisphere as one of the 2022 World’s Most Ethical Companies. This marks the fifth consecutive year the company has been recognized with this honor.
Owens Corning is one of just three honorees in the Construction and Building Materials industry, underscoring its commitment to leading with integrity and prioritizing ethical business practices. In 2022, Ethisphere honored 136 companies from 22 countries and 45 industries.
Ethisphere is a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices.
“We are honored to be recognized by Ethisphere for the fifth consecutive year,” said Executive Vice President and General Counsel Gina Beredo. “This is an achievement earned and shared by our 20,000 employees across the world who live our purpose each day with an unwavering commitment to ethical business practices.”
Methodology & Scoring
Grounded in Ethisphere’s proprietary Ethics Quotient®, the World’s Most Ethical Companies assessment process includes more than 200 questions on culture, environmental and social practices, ethics and compliance activities, governance, diversity and initiatives to support a strong value chain. The process serves as an operating framework to capture and codify the leading practices of organizations across industries and around the globe.
The complete list of 2022 World’s Most Ethical Companies can be found at: https://worldsmostethicalcompanies.com/honorees.
Ethisphere Recognition Adds to Recent Company Distinctions
The Ethisphere recognition is one of several honors Owens Corning has earned for its corporate leadership recently, including:
- Debuting at #27 on the Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies list. This fifth annual ranking was administered by Calvert Research and Management, which scored the 1,000 largest publicly traded companies by market value for five key constituencies: shareholders, employees, customers, community, and the planet. More than 250 environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance indicators were evaluated in compiling Barron’s most recent annual list.
- Ranking #54 on the 2021 Wall Street Journal Management Top 250 list. Developed by the Drucker Institute, this ranking measures corporate effectiveness by examining performance in five areas: customer satisfaction, employee engagement and development, innovation, social responsibility, and financial strength. The ranking is based on an analysis of 34 data inputs provided by 14 third-party sources. Owens Corning’s 2021 ranking improved from #99 in 2020 and #188 in 2019.
- Earning placement on Sustainalytics’ List of 2022 Top-Rated ESG Companies. Owens Corning’s rating of 15.2 placed it in the “low risk” category and represents one of the lowest scores among the 134 companies in the Building Products industry group. The Sustainalytics ESG Risk Ratings measure a company’s exposure to industry-specific material ESG risks and how well a company is managing those risks.
- Attaining a perfect score on the 2022 Corporate Equality Index, the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s annual assessment of LGBTQ+ workplace equality. This year marked the 18th consecutive year Owens Corning has earned a 100-percent score. CEI is a key benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality.
- Achieving Gold Class distinction in the 2022 Sustainability Yearbook from S&P Global. Gold Class is the organization’s highest honor for excellence in sustainability performance, a distinction Owens Corning has earned for eight consecutive years. The company was the sole Gold Class awardee in the Building Products category. S&P Global is a leading provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. The yearbook assesses performance across such factors as volunteerism, energy and emissions reduction, production efficiency, customer and supplier collaboration, and talent development.
- Earning selection as a CDP 2021 Supplier Engagement Leader in recognition of the company’s efforts to measure and reduce climate risk within its supply chain. Owens Corning is part of CDP’s Supplier Engagement Rating (SER), which rates how effectively companies are engaging their suppliers on climate change. CDP assesses performance on supplier engagement using a company’s response to selected questions on governance, targets, Scope 3 emissions, and value chain engagement in the CDP climate change.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and construction materials leader committed to building a sustainable future through material innovation. Our three integrated businesses – Composites, Insulation, and Roofing – provide durable, sustainable, energy-efficient solutions that leverage our unique material science, manufacturing, and market knowledge to help our customers win and grow. We are global in scope, human in scale with approximately 20,000 employees in 33 countries dedicated to generating value for our customers and shareholders and making a difference in the communities where we work and live. Founded in 1938 and based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, Owens Corning posted 2021 sales of $8.5 billion. For more information, visit www.owenscorning.com.
Owens Corning Company News / Owens Corning Investor Relations News